Henry A. Weyermann was born in
Germany and died in Philadelphia in 1892. He was listed in 1864
as a cutler and jeweler at 156 N. 2nd Street in Philadelphia.
This was the former premises of Charles F. Zimmerman & Son, a
maker of contract drums for the Government during the Civil War.
In 1870, he commenced to advertise as a seller of musical
instruments, and by 1885 his business was know as H. AS. Weymann
& Son. The firm was in business until about 1920, and made brass
instruments starting around 1864.
Click here to see a
Berliner Baritone with
marked Henry A Weyermann & Son Importers Philadelphia Pen.